So you want your honeymoon on the Greek Islands? Who doesn’t! With so many amazing things to do you would be crazy not to consider this gorgeous place as a honeymoon destination. The only problem is that you may have a hard time choosing just a few islands!
We have chosen our top 5 Greek Islands that would be perfect for a honeymoon.
1. Let’s start our journey in Santorini, there are few places in the world that are more romantic, with its white villages perched on cliffs overlooking the sea to its breathtaking sunsets over the caldera. Santorini seems to have something for everyone, whether you want to indulge in the many restaurants offering delicious Greek food, live intensely and try out the numerous nightclubs or even if you just want to relax on a sandy beach and enjoy one of the most fabulous sunsets in the world, anything is possible! It has beautiful hotels; San Antonio being one of our favourites is located on one of the narrowest points in Santorini and might as well be called Greek Oasis.
2. Island hop to Mykonos, this Island might be known for being party central, but there is definitely more to it! It offers landscapes, cliffs, sandy beaches, picturesque villages, and you will have access to unique ancient ruins, which are among the best in the country. The island hosts some of the most prestigious hotels and restaurants across Greece which may get pricey, but there are deals for the budget conscious people as well! One of our favourite hotels, which comes at a good cost, is De.Light Boutique Hotel who wouldn’t want to stay here…..
3. Scoot on over to Kos where you will find breathtaking views, unforgettable sunshine, beautiful beaches and modern resorts. It just happens to be one of the most popular islands for international tourist destinations, with its quaint small towns ready to be explored and vibrant nightlife waiting for you to indulge in, it’s sure to be an unforgettable vacation. If you are looking to stay on this stunning island we suggest you take a look at Diamond Deluxe Hotels, it overlooks one of Kos Islands beautiful beaches and has excellent pools and spa services making this hotel is an incredible escape, even though you might not need it!
4. Next we take a look at Corfu, this island has been the choice of many newlyweds for years in the past and will be for years to come! It does an indescribable job of showcasing elegance and nature coming together as one that cannot be found anywhere else. The amazing cuisine, dazzling emerald beaches with crystal clear seas, stunning natural landscape and excellent weather all year round makes this a must-visit Greek Island. Marbella Beach Corfu is a luxurious resort that will not disappoint and is one of the most recently renovated places in Corfu. With eye-catching views and a number of indoor and outdoor activities it is at the top of our list for places to stay.
5. If you are really looking to escape, Lesbos is one of the most secluded Islands that you could choose. It sounds like it might be boring, but it offers much more than what meets the eye. This place is definitely one to explore, with its bays, traditional villages, beaches, ancient ruins, natural monument petrified forests, and even therapeutic hot springs (count me in!) who could say no? It offers high quality resorts that are still peaceful, one of our top pics being Elysion Hotel, the magnificent views of the nearby beach and startling blue sea are reasons enough to visit this resort on of the of the most beautiful and untouched Greek Islands.
We told you the only problem you would have is choosing just one! Maybe you should rent a car or boat and visit them all?